Sunny View Medical Center provides multiple services catering specifically of the unique health care needs of women.
From the routine gynecological exam, yearly pelvic exams, breast exams, Pap testing, and STD screening to contraceptive counseling and medications.
Family Medicine Practice located in Phoenix, AZ
Sunny View Medical Center provides multiple services catering specifically of the unique health care needs of women. These services include yearly pelvic exams, breast exams, Pap testing, STD screening, and contraceptive counseling and medications. All of our providers provide these services, but for patients who prefer to have women’s care with a female provider, they are able to schedule with 1 of our 2 female providers, regardless of their primary physician.
Cervical Cancer Screening
Cervical cancer screening is an important in maintaining good health. Guidelines for cervical cancer screening have recently changed. The American College of gynecology recommends the following:
- Women 21-29 should have Pap testing every 3 years.
- Women 30-65 should have Pap testing with high risk HPV testing every 5 years, or Pap testing alone every 3 years
- Certain high risk groups such as HIV positive women should have Pap testing more frequently. Some women still require Pap testing after her hysterectomy, consult your physician for specific recommendations.
Breast Cancer Screening
Breast cancer screening is also very important in certain populations. The American College of Gynecology recommends the following:
- Women at average risk of breast cancer should begin mammography at age 40
- Mammogram should be performed every 1-2 years based on shared decision making between the patient and physician.
- Mammogram should be continued at least to the age of 75, with a shared decision as to when to discontinue screening.
Colon Cancer Screening
Colon cancer screening should be initiated in all average risk patients at age 50, certain high risk population should begin earlier.
- The most effective screening test is a colonoscopy, and depending on its outcome, it should be repeated every 3-10 years.
- Colon cancer screening can actually be preventative as well, precancerous lesions are removed during the procedure thus decreasing the risk of future colon cancer.
- There are alternative tests for colon cancer screening, they are appropriate in certain populations, and you can discuss these with your physician.
Sunny view Medical Center prides itself on providing a safe and comfortable environment in which to experience comprehensive women’s care.
Sunny View Medical Center provides patients with secure access to their health records through our state-of-the-art patient portal, as well as the Healow app for mobile phones. The portal allows patients to:
- Update demographic information
- Access summaries of chart notes
- Access lab results
- Obtain health education materials
If you are a current patient and you do not have access to the patient portal, contact our front desk and they will set up your account and password.CLICK HERE FOR PATIENT PORTAL